The Employment Permit System – Test of Proficiency in Korean (EPS-KLT-TOPIK)
The Employment Permit System -Korean Language Test or EPS-KLT was under the(MOA) Memorandum of Agreement signed by (DOLE) and Ministry of Labor of Korea(노동부) on April 23, 2004. Under the MOA, the EPS-KLT shall be implemented starting August 17, 2005 for those who want to work in Korea under the Employment Permit System (EPS). The sectors that are open for Filipino workers under the Korea EPS are Agriculture, Livestock,Manufacturing and Construction .
The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) is the authorized agency of DOLE to implement the EPS-KLT-TOPIK in the Philippines in cooperation with the Human Resources Development Service of Korea.
Qualifications for Registration in Applying for EPS-TOPIK
- Male / Female
- 18 years old and not more than 38 years old
- Physically fit and Mentally fit
- Registered with the POEA Manpower Registry (e-REG)
- No criminal record of imprisonment or conviction for a heinous crime in the Philippinesand Korea
- No restrictfroions from departure in the Philippines
- No record of running-away from work or illegal stay in the Republic of Korea
- No record of deportation or departure order from the Republic of Korea
- Not restricted from entering Korea again
- Must have completed the required period of stay in the Philippines before going back to Korea
Persons disqualified to take the EPS-KLT-TOPIK
- Previous Filipino workers who have record of illegal stay(TNT), illegal entry, overstay or run-away from the Republic of Korea.
- Those with physical defects like amputated arms, burns, amputated fingers and the like.
- Those who have medical defects like Acquired Immno Deficiency Syndrome( AIDS), HIV positive, Hepatitis B, Tuberculosis, Color-Blindness, Hearing Impairment.
- Applicants who cannot comprehend well the Korean language Training in preparation for the TOPIK exam
Structure of the Employment Permit System-TOPIK and Corresponding Points in order to pass the exam
- Listening Question: 25 numbers – 100 points- Duration:( 30 minutes)
- Reading Question: 25 numbers-100 points-Duration:( 40 minutes)
- Total No. of Questions: 50 questions – 200 points
- Passing Score: 21 items or 84 points
- Type of Test: Paper-Based Test (PBT)
- Multiple Choice ( applicants will choose numbers 1, 2,3 or 4 instead of a,b,c, or d)
How to Register for the EPS-TOPIK
Interested applicants shall fill-out the upcoming survey by the POEA or applicants may apply through the internet with the POEA E-Registration System in their website.
Actual Registration and Payment for the EPS-TOPIK
- Applicants are required to appear personally to the designated venue that will be announced by the POEA through their website.
- Applicants shall submit the following requirements:
- Valid Passport only
- One (1 ) piece of scan passport
- Two (2) pieces passport size pictures
- EPS-Application Form
Procedure of Payment and Registration
- Go to the designated venue assigned by POEA
- Fall in line and get a number
- Once the your number is called ,proceed to the place where they will give you the Landbank Deposit Slip
- Write the account number of HRD Korea on the Landbank Deposit Slip
- Don’t forget your signature and proceed to the next step
- Afterwards, give your passport to the verification officer and the officer will encode your personal information in their computer.
- After completing this task, get the EPS-Application Form.
- Proceed to the open table and fill-out the application form
- Stamped the two(2) pieces picture and scan passport on the application form.
- Fall in line again and pay the amount of Php1,066 or up to the cashier.
- Get your stub after paying, this stub shall be presented to the venue of the exam.
- Keep posted for the venue which shall be designated by POEA.
Amount to be paid for the EPS-TOPIK
- Php 1,066 or up (depending the current Philippine Peso-Dollar Exchange) to be paid through Landbank designated by POEA
Reminders for the applicants who suceeded paying the Php1,066 and who will take the EPS-TOPIK.
- Cellular Phones, Androids, TABS or any other electronic gdgets are not allowed inside the examination room.
- Be punctual and go to the examination venue two(2) hours before the exam.
- Dont’ forget to bring your proof of payment , registration certification and valid passport.
- Proctors don’t have any idea about the examination,therefore,applicants should listen carefully to the instructions that will be given before the examination starts.
- Applicants shall be given one(1) Test Sheet and one (1) Answer Sheet.
- Write your answer on the Answer Sheet and Test-takers should focus in listening to the questions especially in the Listening Part.
- Test-takers should answer the question carefully for one minute in one number.
- Cheaters shall be apprehended and shall be disqualified from taking the next EPS-TOPIK exam.
- Take Note:The exam is given without pause or break,therefore, you should focus in answering.
- Goodluck (행운 빕니다)
Website where you can check the result of the EPS-TOPIK
You may see the result of the KLT at the following websites: